Friday, March 2, 2012

Kudzu Antiques Again!


I have blogged before about Kudzu Antiques- one of my favorite places to explore. If you are ever in Atlanta, it is worth a visit. I indulged in some browsing there today and did find some things I could not help but purchase a few items.


First I discovered these great images of Jesus. Are any of you fine readers familiar with what these might be? They are slightly padded and look to have once been glued to something on the back. I could not resist them!


I also discovered some French saint medals. My camera got kind of crazy on these and is missing some of the finer details. I picked up a nice pair of rhinestone dangle earrings as well. Often, antique rhinestone items will have slight imperfections, but these do not.




Possibly my favorite find of all is this antique (1932) First Communion book. I saw Mary staring out at me from behind glass, and I was not sure what was inside the covers. Once I opened it, I was hooked.



Something about this miniature prayer book, with its remaining inscription in the back really spoke to me. Can you believe how fresh the ink looks even now?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kudzu is incredible! They have so many great vendors in one location! The cover of that little prayer book is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete