Monday, March 5, 2012

A Taste of Red

I have been playing around with one of the two Jesus portraits I discovered at Kudzu Antiques the other day.  I still do not really know what they came from, but one thing I was contemplating was that perhaps they were lids for Rosary boxes.

Vintage Jesus Image paired with red beads
I am not sure if I should try and repair or replace the missing sequins with beads, or just leave it as is since it is a vintage piece. Originally, since this has pink in the sequins, I thought it might look good with green beads, but that was not looking good together at all. Then I tried the dark red, glass beads above  that look really good with it.

One of my favorite vintage finds are these pink glass beads.
 However, I also could not help but see how some of my favorite vintage beads- these pink glass beauties- looked. They did not really work, but I figured it was worth a try.  I have been dying to use these.

No comments:

Post a Comment