Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ruby-Zoisite to the Rescue

Liam's beaded message
The necklace I am working on, using a vintage image of Jesus has been driving me crazy. I am not sure why, but I keep having major problems finding beads that I like when paired with the image. I went through every possible bead combination in my stash, all to no avail. While working on bead combinations, my son crafted his own beaded creation especially for me!

So I decided this warranted a trip to my local beading store,  The Bead Shoppe. Although this has nothing to do with my current project, I did fall in love with these vintage Czech beads and purchased a strand to use at some point. I am a big sucker for vintage Czech beads!

Vintage Czech Beauties
I then discovered these stunning ruby-zoisite beads. According to Gem Select, ruby-zoisite "is the natural combination of ruby and zoisite crystals in a single specimen. Zoisite, the same mineral as tanzanite, provides an earthy green and black color while ruby lends exciting pink and red highlights."

Ruby-Zoisite
I also got seed beads to match the ruby tones and use as spacer beads. I will, ultimately, be replacing the sequins on this piece, but that part is going to be a surprise I will reveal when I am finished with it.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Blogger!

    Happy to hear this from you. You wrote amazing things that is very knowledgeable.
    Could you please help me out? Where can I purchase
    Wholesale chakra Jewelry? .
    Looking for online Wholesale silver gemstone Jewelry supplies
    or searching terms like Silver gemstone rings,
    silver gemstone earrings, wholesale silver gemstone bracelets,
    Yoga jewelry or new age jewelry are ways to find and buy chakra jewelry. But visiting a new age site is also a likely
    source and may offer a fun and exciting experience for any shopper.
    Hope you will help me out. Keep uploading good content. It’s very helpful for me

    ReplyDelete