Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pentecost and the Holy Spirit





Purchase this Necklace in my Graceful Leigh Etsy store!
My son, Liam, is attending just one camp this summer- the week of Vacation Bible School offered by our church, St. Luke's Episcopal Church, this week. Each day, they are discussing the story behind one of the images in the church's stained glass windows. But, they do not know which story they are doing ahead of time.

Today, while he was at camp in the morning, I felt strongly called to create a necklace using a vintage, Holy Spirit medal that comes from Italy. I was Baptized on Pentecost, so the Holy Spirit always has special meaning to me. I picked up on the blue in the Holy Spirit medal by repurposing a vintage, acrylic-beaded Rosary. The Rosary's original large metal Crucifix pendant is made into a dramatic drop that falls beneath the Holy Spirit medal.

A small, silver cross is hung from silver chain for the shorter of the double strands. The necklace is finished with a vintage, double-strand box clasp.

Upon picking up my son from camp, I discovered that they had discussed the Holy Spirit and Pentecost that day! Considering the way God works, I probably should not have been as surprised as I was.


No comments:

Post a Comment