Thursday, March 3, 2011

Jump Ring Woes

I have been making my way through the lessons on my Tribal Treasures DVDSharilyn Miller is an excellent instructor who really walks you through each step in the lessons- she leaves nothing out!

My struggle with jump rings continues, but today I discovered what I think part of the problem is. I have extremely inexpensive, not high quality wire cutters. I have a set of inexpensive tools because I did not want to make a big investment if I ended up not liking jewelry making.






So now I think I will redo the jump ring lesson once my improved wire cutter arrives. The good news is, my wire wrapping skills are steadily improving!


2 comments:

  1. My very favorite flush cutters are Tronex cutters (I got them via Amazon.com, of all places!). Pricey, but once I got them, it was like, oooooooh, slipping on your favorite shoes that have been worn in for ages.

    And barring THAT, I suck it up and buy rings from UrbanMaille.com. I just stink at cutting jump rings. Always have, and, I'm afraid, always will!

    (PS, thanks for the good thoughts on my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recommendation! I am so look forward to using better tools.

    Ohhh will definitely check out urban maille.

    ReplyDelete