Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Best Laid Plans


Originally, I was going to work on my workshop items today. However, I went a bit overboard yesterday cleaning our house and also washing one of our dogs. As a result, my upper back went out (I am prone to periodic back problems). This has confined me to bed for most of today and I was unable to do the type of metal work needed to continue my necklace design.


Courtesy of The Vintage Moth. Believed to be in the Public Domain. 

One thing I keep hearing over and over again in Art and Soul and Voodoo Lounge podcasts, as well as from Deryn Mentock, is the importance of keeping an art/design journal with ideas in it. 
Public domain image courtesy of Liam Quin.
Even though I am not used to keeping an art journal, this is something I can work on even with my back in its current state. Although, I am praying that my back is a lot better by tomorrow so I can get back to work.  

1 comment: