Friday, May 4, 2012

Ten Years

Our wedding in Sarasota, Florida
Ten years ago today, I married the love of my life and my best friend. To celebrate our milestone, we are going away in a few weeks to The Grove Park Inn in North Carolina. We used to frequent it before we had Liam, and it has been many years since we have been there. I am excited about this rare getaway!

With the grand opening of Graceful Leigh, my Etsy store, I have been extremely busy this week to say the least! I must confess that seeing the items I have created for sale in my shop has been thrilling.

Purchase this necklace from my Graceful Leigh Etsy Shop!
I completed two new pieces yesterday to list in my store. One is a more romantic with an image of a  praying angel. I set the image into a vintage brass drawer pull to use as a center pendant. I then added chain dangles to the bottom. From there, I added a vintage flower charm.



I chose Carnelian and peach glass beads to pick up on the tones and colors in the angel image. The back is finished with a vintage box clasp that matches the peach beads in the rest of the necklace. To finish, I added a cross and a Carnelian drop charm to the back.



My Mary's Graces Etsy team is having a Mary Devotions for May challenge, and I created a pair of earrings for that. I was inspired by the Magnificat, or Song of Mary. This is one of the oldest Christian hymns and one my favorites.

You can purchase these from my Graceful Leigh Etsy store!
I modified a pair of vintage pearl and rhinestone earrings by adding chain dangles and a Miraculous Medal to each.


Don't forget to enter my special grand opening give away! It ends on Saturday, May 5th.

2 comments: