Monday, April 18, 2011

Bearing Gifts

Two times in the past two weeks, Liam has excitedly come to me bearing hand made gifts. The first time was after a Sunday school class where they had learned about and made Anglican Rosaries. He presented his to me and declared, “This is for you because you love beads!” I thanked him and told him how much I love all Rosaries. 



Today, when I picked him up at school, he was wearing this asymmetric, nature-inspired (!) necklace. “Did you make that in art class?” I asked him when he got in the car. “Yes,” he removed it and handed it to me, “But it is for you because you like beads so much!” (I am starting to think that I am not hiding my latest addiction to jewelry making so well). 



I am touched by the thoughtfulness and love expressed in these items Liam crafted carefully for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment