Sunday, April 27, 2014

Craft Attitude and Me

Each Craft Attitude sheet is the same material, so you can use any kit.
In the most recent issue of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, mixed media artist Trudi Sissons wrote an article about using a product called Craft Attitude. Here is how the product is described on the web site: “Craft Attitude isn’t transfer paper. It’s a new, patented technology that allows your printed inkjet image to be separated from its original paper carrier and become part of a new surface when applied.”

How could I not want to try this? Once the item arrived, I printed a test image from an antique magazine I have to work with. The Craft Attitude company suggests using a desktop laminator or an iron to fuse the image to paper. I tried my iron, but could not get it to fuse to blank watercolor weight paper when testing it.

I have noticed, though, that many people use glue to adhere the image they are using, so I tried this on the test image with DecoArt Decopage glue - my favorite collage glue. That worked very well and dried clear.

So, I went ahead and created a collage first, then adhered an image on top with the collage glue. This method has worked best so far for me.

Collage with printed Craft Attitude image on top.
 I would love to figure out why I cannot get it to work with heat, though.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment