Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas in L.A. and More Mixed Media

Hope you have been having a wonderful Holiday! Much fun was had by all when we went to Los Angeles to celebrate Christmas with my brother-in-law, his wife, and their three children. The four cousins caught up on play time (with some major negotiations being made over taking turns with the new Christmas toys), while adults drank, dined and had some great conversations. 

A cousin train led by my Brother-in-law.


My sister-in-law made a delicious ice box pie.
Upon our return, I got back to work on my Of Towers and Turrets workshop lesson about building towers on top of my painted background. I did not like my original background, so I painted a layer of white plus Gesso to cover it up and begin again. I ended up with more purple tones (purple being one of my favorite colors). I am equal parts worried and excited about the next lesson, which is adding a face to the image.


We have another trip coming up, but I will be back to normal posting once 2012  is underway. Until then, I am wishing each of you a Happy New Year!

1 comment: