Monday, September 10, 2012

Designing with Deryn (Mentock)

Spellbound by the allure of a glittering vintage rhinestone paste brooch or an antique buckle?  Want to work magic with that unique lock or old metal flower?  In this workshop, I'll help you transform your treasured vintage and found objects into a beautiful one-of-a-kind pieces of jewelry. -Deryn Mentock.
via somethingsublime.typepad.com

Here is a sneak peek from Deryn!


Am I spellbound by glittering vintage rhinestones? Yes! Do I have lots of vintage and found objects I want to design with? Yes! Do I feel like I still have things I can learn about the jewelry design process? Yes!

Some of my vintage stash of jewelry!
These are just some of the reasons I enrolled in Deryn Mentock's newest online workshop, The Alchemy of Objects. I took two of her previous workshops, which you may recall if you follow my blog.

I am very excited to begin this workshop, especially because of the stress on aspects of design. I am fascinated by the jewelry design process!  I am also looking forward to learning more about the best practices for working with rhinestones (of which I seem to have many). And, of taking another workshop with one of my favorite designers, Deryn!

No comments:

Post a Comment