Monday, April 15, 2013

Age Old Reads

After a slightly depressing dental exam, where I was told I will need a crown, I stopped by Decatur Estate and Way Back Antiques because they are very close to my dentist and I thought browsing might cheer me up a bit.

Most sellers are in the middle of a big moving sale because they are moving to Lawrenceville Highway. I discovered that their big book seller is having a crazy, 60% off sale! We are talking about many antique, and first edition books.  This means lots of vintage or antique illustrations on the pages within.

I picked up three books I want to use for collage or other forms of mixed media (like resin jewelry).

Antique spelling and antique Currier and Ives books.

"New" fashions!

I love the writing in this antique spelling primer:


 
Classic Currier and Ives.

No comments:

Post a Comment