Friday, April 27, 2012

Prayers of the People

I apologize for taking so long between my last post and this one. I have been feverishly using almost every spare minute I have to work on stock for my soon-to-open Etsy store.  I just completed another bracelet today.


This bracelet features Milagros charms. Milagros are very popular in Latin-American countries and are used as prayer offerings to various saints by attaching them to shrines or religious images. Sometimes they are carried for good luck as well. The various symbols are open to interpretation depending upon the person's prayer needs. For instance, a heart can refer to romance, to health, or any number of other needs. Because they are used for individual devotion, I have named this bracelet, "Prayers of the People."


Half of the design is a charm bracelet, and the other half is traditional stringing. The main beads are a swirl of green and blue, so I matched that with blue seed beads.  The charm bracelet side picks up on these colors with blue and green seed beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment