Monday, April 16, 2012

Lilies and Pearls

Swarovski Petrol blue pearls paired with smokey grey glass beads form the heart of this design. I wanted some chain to show on one side to contradict the romantic feel of the traditionally beaded side. I also tend to favor asymmetry, and the chain offers this as well. I do not usually create in silver, so this whole design was a bit different for me. 




This is a necklace rich with symbolism. The stamping used as the focal pendant is of Lilies. In art and folklore, Lilies are often used to symbolize the Virgin Mary. I paired this symbolic image with three vintage saint medals. Interestingly, my grandmother's name was Lily, so the flowers always remind me of her.


As I have in previous designs, I used a Rosary center as a two-to-one strand connector here near the lobster clasp.



This necklace will soon be for sale in my Etsy shop! Can you sense my excitement over having my shop open soon?

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and also a great idea with the rosary connectors. I can't wait for you to open your shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna. I cannot wait either! I have been in a creative frenzy lately! And, I know it is not me leading the way :)

    ReplyDelete