Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ruby-Zoisite to the Rescue

Liam's beaded message
The necklace I am working on, using a vintage image of Jesus has been driving me crazy. I am not sure why, but I keep having major problems finding beads that I like when paired with the image. I went through every possible bead combination in my stash, all to no avail. While working on bead combinations, my son crafted his own beaded creation especially for me!

So I decided this warranted a trip to my local beading store,  The Bead Shoppe. Although this has nothing to do with my current project, I did fall in love with these vintage Czech beads and purchased a strand to use at some point. I am a big sucker for vintage Czech beads!

Vintage Czech Beauties
I then discovered these stunning ruby-zoisite beads. According to Gem Select, ruby-zoisite "is the natural combination of ruby and zoisite crystals in a single specimen. Zoisite, the same mineral as tanzanite, provides an earthy green and black color while ruby lends exciting pink and red highlights."

Ruby-Zoisite
I also got seed beads to match the ruby tones and use as spacer beads. I will, ultimately, be replacing the sequins on this piece, but that part is going to be a surprise I will reveal when I am finished with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment