Monday, September 26, 2011

Spiritual Art Journaling


I have hit the “pause” button on creating jewelry pieces. I am waiting to pour my creative energy into the Build Zone workshop in another week, where I will be learning some more advanced jewelry making techniques I want to use in future designs.

In the meantime, my curiosity has been piqued by a podcast with Dana Reynolds I listened to about accessing the spiritual/God-driven aspects of your creativity. The idea is to open yourself to the ways the divine works through you as you create. As part of this process, I have been keeping a spiritual art journal of what Dana Reynolds calls, “visual prayer.”
In the meantime, my curiosity has been piqued


Here is a glimpse at one of my journal pages. This process allows me to easily get caught up in creating and completely lose track of time. This is both a good and bad thing, depending on the other demands of my day!

3 comments:

  1. I love this Leigh - are you printing out your pics or using what you have in hand? I am going to check out that visual prayer art journal myself.....thank you as always for the inspiration I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find that specific thing on her blog or page. Is there something I am missing? I did just sign up for the free 7 day course however!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna- it is her online book of wonderment class. However, I also discovered there is a book that has some overlapping ideas (though of course not exactly the same) called The Artist's Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom by Christine Valters Paintner.

    ReplyDelete